Our Community Needs Us Right Now
>>Loudoun Care Givers – IN NEED OF VOLUNTEERS!
Assisted Transportation for frail elderly and disabled adults who because of physical limitations are not able to use public transportation services. (Services provided such as: Transport to doctor’s appointments, grocery shopping or errands, weekly phone calls – well checks, meal preparation, etc..)
CONTACT: Jennifer Love – 703-779-8617
>>American Red Cross – Blood shortage crisis.
Consider donating at a location in your area. Click the link to find a donation sites near you https://www.redcross.org/give-blood.html
CONTACT: Andrea Tibbs│PowerBooker
American Red Cross
Biomedical Services MD, DC, DE
(703) 731-5122 (c) │Andrea.Tibbs@redcross.org
>>Volunteers of America – Leesburg homeless shelter
In need of face masks, disinfectant wipes and Enfamil Neuro Pro formula (2 containers needed only)
CONTACT: Linda 540-222-3744 (text or call)
Is in need of volunteers to make snack bags to distribute. Snacks are also needed to provide for kids while they are out of school. Examples are: Chips, granola bars, PopTarts, crackers, etc.
CONTACT: Jessica 703-771-1400 (landline)
>>Northern Virginia Diaper Bank (NOVA Diaper Bank)
NOVA Diaper Bank delivered over 118K diapers into Loudoun & Western Fairfax Counties during 2019. They are currently in need of size 5 & 6 diapers especially.
>>Tree of Life
Want to Help Tree of Life? If you can assist:
Tree of Life Ministries has been designated an emergency food pantry during our national COVID-19 crisis. This means we are busily working to help our community with food as folks lose their jobs or are unable to work because of closures. We covet your help in any way that you can during this time.
Our most urgent volunteer needs right now are donating to go dinners for distribution at Crossroads Baptist Church in Leesburg and volunteering at our Purcellville Food Pantry sorting and packing food. Here are the sign-up links for those opportunities:
- Leesburg To Go Meal Donations: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f4baaa92ea7f49-toltuesday
- Purcellville Food Pantry (please check this link regularly – it will be updated with more time slots on a continual basis): https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080845a4a72fa2fb6-food
If these openings do not work for your schedule, your help would be greatly appreciated in meeting the current and growing food needs of our community. Our Purcellville Food Pantry serves the food needs of Leesburg and Purcellville through our delivery program. Our pantry’s list of the most urgent needs is updated regularly on our website: www.tolministries.org
If you are able to make a financial donation, we would truly appreciate a gift of any amount. Donations can be made through our website by clicking HERE. We anticipate seeing cases of extreme financial hardship in coming weeks.
We appreciate your willingness to help Tree of Life serve our community with the love of Jesus Christ!
If you have needs or prayer requests we can help you with, please let me know through this email or the phone number below.
Need Help from Tree of Life? We can assist as follows:
- Food Deliveries available weekly from our Pantry (Leesburg and Purcellville). If there is a need, folks can call 540- 441-7920 to submit their request. We are prepared to receive requests in English and Spanish.
- Food ‘to go’ meals available weekly from Leesburg (Tuesdays) and Purcellville (Thursdays). Tuesday meals are available from 6-7pm at 850 Edwards Ferry Rd. NE, Leesburg, VA 20176 and Thursday meals are available from 5:30 – 6:30pm at 210 N 21st St, Purcellville, VA 20132
- Financial Assistance (and coaching) in cases of extreme hardship
- Health/Medical Vouchers for urgent care, eyecare and dental
- Prayer and Devotionals if you need prayer support
In Christ, our hope,
Regional Coordinator, TOL-Leesburg
540-441-7920, ext. 3
Helping our Church
>> CHURCH COMMUNITY TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
If you are comfortable with cell phones, internet, social media, computers, etc. you can step in and offer help to those in our church community who struggle to stay connected through technology. The need is particularly great among the elderly community who want so much to be connected to what’s happening, but struggle with ever-changing technology. If you’d like to provide help, sign up here. (https://freelifechurchva.churchcenter.com/people/forms/118688)
We have options to equip you to provide this help while maintaining appropriate social distance.
Please contact us if you are interested in serving as a resource in this area.
DO YOU NEED HELP?
>> COVID-19 FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
Visit our PushPay Page
Choose “COVID Relief”
Or, mail checks to:
Free Life Church
P.O. Box 3195
Leesburg, VA 20177